Internationalization Office (IO) Airport Greeting Spring 2019
April 01, 2019to June 01, 2019
New international students who arrive at the beginning of each semester may request to be greeted by our friendly senior MUN student staff at the St. John's International Airport (YYT). Airport greeter staff will greet you at the airport and answer questions you may have about accommodations, the campus and how to settle in after arrival. Requests are open to new students to Memorial University from April 29 – May 17, 2019. If you are a new international student and would like to register for our Airport Greeter service, please complete the information below.
Campus to Career (Spring 2019)
May 03, 2019to May 03, 2019
Campus to Career is a one-day event aimed to help students transition from their classroom to their career. Come join us for a series of interactive sessions focusing on career planning, job search, and interview skills. You will be provided with career-related-tips and learn techniques that will help you navigate your career path. During the workshop you will be able to put into practice what you have learnt and build your confidence so that you can prepare for success.
Date: May 3, 2019
Time: 9:00 am - 3:00 pm
Location: Arts & Adminstration Building (AA5014)
Lunch will be provided.
If you require an accommodation or have any food restrictions, please contact us at email@example.com
Virtual Job Fair 2019
May 13, 2019to May 24, 2019
Why you should attend the Virtual Job Fair:
Benefits of recruiting Virtually:
- Whether you have jobs today or will have jobs in the future, our students and alumni want to know more about your organization and potential careers
- Reduce your time, effort and recruitment costs
- Access thousands of current students, new graduates and alumni.
- An inclusive platform that allows all students and alumni to be able to access the Fair and learn about opportunties in your organization
- Large outreach that defies geographical barriers
- Targeted and efficient recruiting
- Weather is not a concern
Standard registration fee of $ 99 (CDN) includes the following:
- Unlimited job postings live for a 2 week duration (May 13- May 24, 2019)
- Logo placed on each job ad
- Rotating banner throughout the website
- Logo placed on homepage of website
Once registered, please send your job ads to firstname.lastname@example.org to be put up on the Virtual Job Fair.
Career Exploration Group (Spring 2019)
May 15, 2019to June 19, 2019
Spring 2019 (starting date May 15th)
Wednesdays 12:00-1:00 pm (six-week-program)
Career Exploration Group is a six-week-career exploration program aimed to empower students to recognize, foster, and apply their interests and strengths towards the selection and achievement of their career goals. Collegiality is a key feature of the program and is aimed to encourage professional relationships that foster community and sense of belonging.
As a part of the program, students will:
- Complete three assessments (Career Cruising, Strong Interest Inventory, StrengthsFinder);
- Develop a career portfolio including career mind maps, assessment results, self-reflection questionnaires;
- Learn how to make informed decisions about their career exploration and employment goals.
Spaces for the program are limited - when applying for the program, please answer all the questions in the registration form. Students selected for the program will be contacted after the application deadline.